Starting a business is not easy. In fact, it may be one of the most difficult things you have undertaken. You need perseverance, determination, skills and knowledge.
SCORE volunteers can help provide you with some of that knowledge, beginning with Workshops that help you understand the issues such as the following:
- Does my business idea make sense?
- How and why to create your business plan?
- How to market your product or service?
- What business structure do I need?
- How to prepare for your operations, inventory control, manufacturing, as well as legal, accounting, insurance and other professional services?
- How realistic is your business idea?
- What is a Business Plan and why do I need one?
- How do I secure financing?
Once you have developed some basic understanding of the preparations for starting a business, either through our workshops or by self study, you may desire one-on-one counseling with an experienced SCORE counselor. Your self-study may benefit from some of the resources available through links located the Resources and Information item in the menu at the top of the page. A SCORE counselor can help guide your development of a business plan and your thinking as you deal with the other issues in starting a small business. A request form for one-on-one counseling is available by clicking the menu item at the top of the page: “One-on-One Counseling”, or click the link below.
There is a charge for the workshops. Registration for a workshop is done by clicking the “Workshops” button on the menu to the left and following the instructions.
Individual counseling is without charge. SCORE counselors advise but do not participate in the drafting of business plan documents.
2 International Plaza, Suite 500, Nashville, TN 37217
(615) 736-7621 Monday – Friday, 9am-Noon